By First Time Parents. Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

First time sort of.... sleeping in a big baby CRIB....




All of Ashers young Life he has slept right next to my bed  in an Rock SLEEP and Play...for those that don't know what this is it looks like this.... 


Asher LOVES this bed... it cradles him so tight and snug.. It kinda has the feel and look of a hammock... its also sits up a little so he is never flat on his back... (which is great for any colic or gassy baby).. its also the perfect height for those late night feedings... baby starts to fuss and all I have to do is roll over and pick up... We have LOVED this little sleeper... it also rocks so when Asher is having trouble falling back asleep all I have to do is barely tap it and it rocks him back to sleep... Its great and would recommend this to any new mother... well I am going to Utah next week and the rocker is staying home... So last night Jordan and I thought it might be a good idea to start getting Asher to sleep in his big baby crib in his own big baby room.... It looks like this....


  doesn't it look like a pleasant place to sleep....

After reading up on how to crib train your baby... Jordan and I thought it would be a great Idea to have a sleepover in Ashers room. We got the blow up bed ready.... with high hopes we were ready for a good night rest....



the night started like this....




 .and after Asher waking up every hour from nine to one.... we threw in the towel and put him back in the rocker sleeper in our room next to my bed.... Tonight we will try again... or maybe will just have to bring his sleeper with us to Utah... until we try and conquer Asher will never have the joy of his first time sleeping in his Big baby Crib.... i'm not going to lie apart of me never wants him to grow out of the rocker... i love hearing him sleep next to me... Asher sleeping in his big baby crib only means he's no newborn anymore and this makes me sad.. but as mothers we all have to sallow hard, courage up, and let our babies grow up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh....
    Good effort daughter....
    You and Jordan are so fun. (Baby sleepover!)
    I wonder if he will always like sleeping in a hammock?
    That will be something to remember!
    Give him a big Grandma Hug from me!!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that rocker sleeper so bad! I saw it at Target and was tempted.. Halli doesn't like her crib either and prefers her swing. We figure she'll just transfer to her crib when she's ready. Love his room! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete